Friday, August 21, 2009

Seeing old friends

(Mom, Me, Lydia)


I must admit, I have not gotten half the things I wanted to get done on this vacation.

It's tremendous not having to head into work.

Don't get me wrong--that's fabulous.

We still have doctors' appointments and such, but it's nice not having to rush around quite as much.

I've been able to enjoy meals with Mom, which has been a treat.

When I picked up my Browns' tickets, I visited with a friend I had not seen in quite a while. That was a special afternoon.

We've enjoyed most of the Indians' games. Mom was tired a few nights, especially after starting on some new medication, so we had to pass on some of the Indians' games, a family birthday party and a few other events....

Unfortunately, it's still been quite crazed.


I have not had a chance to call back a dear friend of mine from FLA all week long. I think he thinks I'm avoiding him. That's just the way of our world now. We don't have the luxury to sit around and do nothing. There is always something that must be done, must be tended to, an appointment of some kind to hit.


Mom and I were able to visit with a dear, dear friend of ours who we have not seen in at least 8 months. What a treat! She's a former co-worker but more like a sister to me. And she just adores Mom. She would do anything for her, and has!


Life is very hard. And being finite humans, all we can do is try to be the best people we can day in and day out. Each day, we get up, thank God for another day and try to make the best decisions we can for that day with what information and ingredients are tossed our way.


The 'old Danielle' would have been upset at not crossing off more from the 'to-do' list. But the new Danielle is quite content at what was accomplished and how life was lived this week.


Thank you Jesus!

No comments: