Thursday, August 27, 2009

If I did the right thing, why do I feel so bad?

I was always taught to do the right thing.

By golly, I try.

I know we are all human, but at the end of the day, I usually feel pretty good at the effort I've given and God's rules I've followed.

So, this week, I've done the right thing three times...but why do I feel so bad?

We all know I'm a softy.

People from all walks of life walk all over me constantly.

I have people telling me to stand up for what I believe in and in the next breath bad mouthing me behind my back because I DID stand up for my convictions.

Oh, this is absolutely nothing compared to what our Lord Jesus Christ endured.

But, I believe I've had a slight taste of it.

I had to say no to three people who mean very much to me.

The first one--it hurt me more than the person involved, and unfortunately, I think there will be reverberations for a while. What does it matter --I did the right thing and followed God's lead.

The second one--turned out ok eventually. I was being diplomatic following the rules and got screwed. I should have just followed my heart on this one and everyone would have been very happy.

The last one, the person could not believe that I actually said no to them. It felt good sticking up for what I believe in and doing the right thing. And honestly, it turned out great for all involved in the end.


That's what Mom always taught me --if you do the right thing honey, everything will turn out ok in the end.


And Mom's always right!

No comments: