Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Felt all grown up & saw how the other half live

We recently had dinner with a terrific family.

Everything was perfect: the ambiance, the conversation, the food, the weather, right down to the little dachshund running around trying to get snacks and love taps.

They asked what we wanted to drink.

Now, normally in our family, the replies are diet pepsi, lemonade, diet mountain dew, maybe a beer....

The offers were nothing but alcohol: gin, vodka, whiskey, a number of wines....this was pre-dinner cocktails. Then of course you had wine with dinner and the after dinner drink or espresso.

My kind of people. More of what I am used to (or should say what 'used to happen' when I was in college and then actually ventured out in my early years before responsibility hit).


I always dreamed of having these huge dinner parties at my house, with a stocked bar, making a fabulous dinner. Inviting folks over who could get a taste of me by the artwork hanging on my walls, the music in my music studio, my reading interests in my library.....


Actually, I am lucky and so blessed. Our house is set up with our interests at heart--our likes, loves and that 'home feeling' rather than just 'a house.'


When life tosses you lemons, you make lemonade. We're doing just fine. Maybe life is not exactly the way we want it all the time. BUT, we are quite lucky in the fact that we have friends to help us round out our life and make it complete where we are lacking!!!

No comments: