Saturday, August 8, 2009

Re-birth of a friendship

I am pleased as punch to have been able to steal away a few weeks ago with 5 of my best college friends....

I learned a lot that weekend.....

I was rejuvenated during our time together.

And marvelous friendships from nearly 30 years ago were reborn.

For me, and I say 'for me' because everyone has their opinion about pretty much everything in life (and unfortunately, most of the folks I know try to force their opinions and beliefs on me).

But, for me, I don't have a heck of a lot of time. I never want to use the excuse "I don't have time for you." I think that's lame.

But I don't have a lot of time.

And, when time is precious, you carefully pick and choose those friends and even family members you want to spend quality time with and those relationships you want to further nurture.

I hate going back to this example again, but it's perfect.

My sister thought it would be good for my father to enter my life again. Without going into the whole sordid story, I'm not too keen on the idea. Who knows, maybe one day. But at this juncture in my life, it's not going to happen. He is not a part of my history and I do not feel anything toward him whatsoever. I would much rather spend what little free time I have with dear friends such as Melanie, Terry, Jim, Dale, and Tim who I love unconditionally and boundlessly.

My prerogative. My preference.

I have a great sense of people.

And, I cherish those friends I have where you may not have seen them in days, months or years but the second you see them, it's like you were never apart.

That's the feeling I get with my college buddies.

Simply heavenly. Perfection!

And I truly believe our weekend together has cemented our friendships even more.

I've pretty much spoken to all of them since that weekend.

In fact, one of my dearest friends called me last night and we spoke for quite a while. Today we texted.

God works in mysterious ways and he certainly has given me my dearest friends back with this 're-birth' of these precious friendships....

Thank you, God!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Dani....please get your story straight. Your father wanted to get back into your life and I simply went to mass with him so he wouldn't be alone. I'm not sure why you think I force you to do things. You complain no one will help you but then when we give suggestions you get mad and say we are bossing you around. You can't have it both ways.