Thursday, August 6, 2009

Are those new glasses?

Actually they are fairly new.

I had not been to the eye doctor in a few years (still trying to get to the real doctor after 4 years of absence) and found a small nugget of time I could steal away.

Got new contacts and new, very cool glasses.

However, since I wear my contacts most of the time, whenever I pull out the orange and purple specs, I'm incessantly asked, 'are those new?'

Well, the more I wear the glasses, the more I am convinced my glasses are stronger than my contacts, and too strong for my liking.

Today wearing my contacts is not even an option.

It's hell having allergies. I've had them my whole life so I have no idea what it is like to live normally --without the runny nose, scratchy throat and burning eyes.

Certain times of the year are worse than others.....subject to certain surroundings and circumstances can spur them on.....and hot, humid weather (which I do like) is deadly.

Eyes puff up, stay sealed shut, and excrete some foreign substance.

Not a pleasing vision.

I'd rather be comfy rather than the fashion plate I normally am (ha ha), especially during the 'dog daze of summer.'

No comments: