Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's still baseball season to me


Drama.


Major drama all week long with our health ailments. We're all walking wounded!


And for me, I'm in baseball season mode until the final game of the World Series.


But, it's been the longest time since I've been able to use my Cleveland Browns ticket so here goes.


I made my way to the Browns' Game, though in writhing pain.


It was fun walking down with a co-worker and her sister, brother-in-law, and nephew. He was so excited but did not want to show it! Being the tough guy!


Thank God the weather was bearable.


And better still, I thank you God that they WON!


It was a good time. Seeing folks I've not seen in a while....perfect seats! And seeing a win, which is something I have not seen in months, maybe even years (in person!!).


I'm always amazed as I exit the stadium to make the trek back up the hill to my parking spot how so many people have to light up a cigarette the second they vacate the building. It's like walking into a smoking lounge. I've learned to hold my breath until I get back into the wide, open air. Holy smokes!



I must admit, my heart belongs to the Indians thru the end of October, but I'll have one eye on these guys wearing the Brown pants!

No comments: