Sunday, August 16, 2009

Scott & Bruno come to town

I was moved and humbled to be included in a shindig for Scott and Bruno as they hit the states.


I just have the most endearing memories from my college days and anytime I am able to see a few former classmates is a wonderful experience.


Either I am getting older and just don't care about accomplishments or facades anymore or I am getting settled in with 'me.' I think it's both but the latter outweighs the former.


My first day of vacation, and still, a bit rushed and tense at times. That's my life.


Vacation does not mean vacation. I have obligations and priorities every single day which no one else assists me.


Overall, a good day.


I felt confident about the music I am singing all weekend and got to steal away for a few moments to practice.


Then, when everything was under control at home, I was finally able to hit the road for a college gathering for a very dear friend.


Scott and Bruno are in town from Lisbon, Portugal hitting as many towns as they can visiting with as many friends as possible.


And as I mentioned before, I did not have the normal anxious feeling that usually accompanies me with seeing friends I have not seen recently or when venturing somewhere I have not been in a while.


It was just me forging ahead to visit with a dear friend and who else showed up, what they thought of me, or being afraid to initiate conversations went right out the window this time.


An absolutely fabulous event--great conversation, much of which I was a part of, delicious food, and a heavenly forecast (except for those pesky mosquitoes which have bit me up).


Jamie and Lori out did themselves by welcoming us all into their home, sharing their beautiful gardens, the ambiance, and re-uniting a number of classmates who had not seen each other in a while but started up exactly where they left off.


Unfortunately, my computer will not let me upload pictures to my blog, but hopefully if you CLICK HERE, you can see some of the pictures from this great confab!!!!



This is the 2nd gathering I've had this year with school mates where it did not matter what I did, where I worked, how many awards I've won, what kind of car I drove, or what I was wearing. And frankly, I loved it!

No comments: