Sunday, September 27, 2009

Through someone else's eyes

A friend of Mom's went to the Indians' Game with me Saturday night.

Mom was not feeling well, and honestly, I would have rather not gone (I can not believe I said that. Baseball is my life!) My place was at home with Mom.

However, Mom's friend had never been to Progressive Field let alone a baseball game. She was so excited and we had promised.

When I arrived on such a rainy night, Donna said she had arrived when the gates opened so she could take it all in. She was like a kid in a candy store.

She did not know much about baseball but more than I expected.

She said it goes much quicker in person than on tv and is more exciting in person.

It was a pleasure answering her questions and explaining the basics to someone. Just possibly, I was helping mold yet another baseball fan.

She also saw how beloved Mom was as ushers, vendors and others went up and down the aisle asking where Mom was and asking me to please tell her hello!

Just as the mist began spraying a bit more, we made our way up to the Terrace Club to warm up, get out of the rain, and of course, get a delicious dessert!

Yet another new experience which made Donna's eyes bug out of her head!

And the cherry on top was when Jhonny Peralta hit the game winner scoring Valbuena which set off the fireworks, and put a nice ribbon on Donna's trip to Progressive Field!

She explained it as 'the feeling of a playoff or World Series game' as the players high-fived each other and pounded Jhonny on first base!

I rarely experience anything new with anyone anymore....just as much as Donna enjoyed the entire evening, the pleasure was all mine!

No comments: