Saturday, September 12, 2009

All in a day's work!


I've gotten better at saying 'no.'


In fact, the word 'no' has, at times, become my best friend.


There is absolutely no way I could do everything required of me on a daily basis without saying 'no' every now and then.


Today is a perfect example.


Here is just a sampling of the main events on my plate today:

Race for the Cure

Hiram College Alumni Volunteer Day

Singing at Saturday Mass

the Local Emmy Awards, of which I was nominated for an Emmy

The Cleveland Indians Baseball Game


I cut out only a few of these items still leaving quite an action packed day.


If I would have done them all, I'd would not be writing this entry right now.


I always find it quite amazing that by eliminating just ONE item off of my agenda, I'm still able to conquer so much.


Remember, just say no now and again, and you'll feel less stress and quite liberated!


Try it, you'll like it!


No comments: