Saturday, September 19, 2009

Their special day

I understand one's wedding day is probably one of the most important days in one's life, if not THE most important.

I wish I knew from experience.

Time and time again, young lovers schedule their weddings at our church just before our Saturday Mass.

I guess it's the organized, thoughtful person in me saying 'WHY?'

I can not tell you how many times this summer parishioners waited to get inside the church or once inside, waited, and waited and waited until the photographer finished all of his masterpieces.

I understand it's part of the scheduling as well. But it's also the young lovers being so adamant that they want this particular time to start their married life together.

If it were me, I'd be a nervous wreck not enjoying my special day knowing that I was delaying someone else's special time and important day with the Lord.

No comments: