Friday, September 11, 2009

Patriot Day 2009


Many years since that fateful day.


The United States has survived.


I've survived.


I am extremely proud to be an American living in this great country.


But there are times when, unfortunately, I get the feeling that many do not share my patriotism.


Those days at Progressive Field when 'The National Anthem' or ' God Bless America' comes on the P.A. system and there are still those men who refuse to take off their hats or even stand up.


I hoped that the events back on September 11, 2001 would have pulled the nation together.


It did for just a short while.


There are some factions and people who have drifted further apart. They think of themselves only, march to their own drummer and never think of their fellow man.


It begins in Washington D.C. when politicians and leaders can not compromise to quickly resolve an issue.


Unfortunately, with the passing of Ted Kennedy, it will only get worse in D.C. Senator Kennedy was one of the last true politicians who fought for people's freedoms, worked hard for his constituents, and resolved so many problems swiftly through compromise.


I take today and the actions which occurred in 2001 quite seriously.


I will never forget and hopefully have become a more compassionate, loving, and patriotic person who loves this country and the foundation she was born upon with my whole heart and soul.

No comments: