Sunday, September 27, 2009

Free Day, sort of

Off for five days....what a wonderful feeling.

Not totally free. I'm never totally free.

However, it's amazing how taking one or two things out of the equation can add a little extra time for other things that matter and really need attention.

Skipping a baseball game gave me time to get a few household chores done, but that's more than if I would have gone....

And, though I've been told more than I want to admit, "If you want something that bad, you will make it happen," that's not quite true!

Sometimes your fate is decided for you....yesterday I was supposed to attend Hiram's Homecoming and then sing at Mass. Due to extenuating circumstances totally beyond my control, everything went out the window so I could tend to Mom and her issues. A free day, sort of...out of my hands.


When the reins are handed back to me and life is back in my control, sometimes you have to say "no" in order to catch up on life and get your sanity back in check....

No comments: