Saturday, September 26, 2009

Helpless feeling

One of the worst feelings to have is not being able to help a family member or friend in peril.

I experienced that this morning as I unsuccessfully tried helping someone in need.

You read about people's 'super human' tendencies coming out when someone really needs help.

On one hand, that sort of happened. Though I've been experiencing awful pain in my arm and back, I still tried as hard as I could not ever once thinking of the pain...not ever once feeling the pain while I assisted someone who needed me.

But, it was not enough.


Then the next feeling to overtake me was not understanding how someone can not have the strength to do all the normal things I can do.

Those actions that seem so simple to me, that I take for granted on a daily basis are impossible for others including the elderly, the weak, those suffering from medical issues...

Just walking up and down the stairs......getting up off the floor.....picking up a cup of coffee....or putting on shoes.


"Whatsoever you do for the least of my people, that you do unto me."

No comments: