Thursday, November 27, 2008

Truly blessed


Happy Thanksgiving!


It should not take a specially named day for us to realize day in and day out how truly blessed and thankful we are....but I suppose everyone could use a nudging now and then.


I am grateful that I was raised and instilled with the teaching to thank God every day for what he has done for us and the gifts he has given us (spiritually, emotionally, and tangibly).


I've had a good life. I still do. I would not trade it for anything. I've been surrounded by loving family and friends my entire life in a laughter-filled world. I still have a mother to guide me through life's mazes, when I need her, and who shares my daily occurrences.


This holiday ushers us into one of the most holiest seasons for me. I only hope I can live up to your expectations, utilize my gifts wisely and to the fullest extent, and be the person You made me to be.


Thank you.


(P.S. Thank you, God for the gift of wreath making! The picture is a wreath I made for Mom's dialysis center.)

No comments: