Thursday, November 20, 2008

O.A.R. 'Shattered'

It's funny yet at the same time wonderful at how, in this great country, everyone can express their own opinion.

When it comes to music, I've found each song may have a completely different meaning and interpretation for each soul who listens.

This song, for me alone, has many different meanings within depending on how I feel and what conditions exist.

When I have been pushed to the brink and almost shattered (whether by work, overwhelming responsibility, exhaustion, betrayal, disappointment, rejection, what have you) something always brings me back. First, it is my faith...but not far behind, usually music (such as this song) that picks up my soul. And then I start thinking of the great people in my life...my experiences....hobbies such as baseball that keep me going....

A totally different interpretation from the same person, me, is how I gravitate to certain people in my life. I can honestly say I have good friends. Upstanding, salt of the earth people. There are those one or two folks who are good friends but get you in trouble. Well, I find that there is one in particular who I can not break free from and 'always turn the car around!' God must have it that way for a reason!

No comments: