Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nickelback - Gotta Be Somebody (Best Quality) + Lyrics!

It's been quite the week swirling with bubbling over emotions.

Mom winding up in ICU twice with so many unknown variables...leaving me feeling helpless, overwhelmed, and pondering my future.

2 female friends, both with child, having complications with their pregnancies--one outcome tragic, the other a false alarm scare still on course.

Intense conversations with close friends into the wee hours of the morning--comforting at times...yet on the other hand, exasperating and futile in some instances.

Thanksgiving arriving in the midst of this chaos. Wonderful seeing friends and family and thankful for so many blessings bestowed on me, yet our Matriarch missing from this year's festivities.

Thanksgiving ushers in the 'official' start of the holiday season, which is my favorite time of the year.

This weekend we lit the first candle in our Advent journey toward Christ's birth.

And whichever channel you tune into, either a hopeful holiday movie or romantic tug of war between boy vs girl.

I love this time of year, tho my stress level skyrockets with added duties as I kick into high on my 'over achiever' quest.

Yet I did find solace in the likes of 'White Christmas,' 'Notting Hill,' 'Must Love Dogs,' 'Miracle on 34th Street,' and 'Two Weeks Notice.' Just a hopeless romantic at heart.

I saw my niece interacting with her new boyfriend. I miss those days when I would meet someone new that I thought I could like (not the crazies on the bar scene). Like characteristics would bring us together and we'd make up the rest as we went along, finding out something new in each adventure. Those days have been gone for a while.

Right now, I have friends who I love dearly. We can finish each others' sentences because we know each other so well. Not much mystery remains. We would die for each other and watch each others' backs.

Yet, this emotional week has made me realize, I DO want to meet someone eventually. Mom said, 'some people were not meant to be married...were meant to be alone.' Was she saying that because she does not want me to meet anyone? She does need me very much right now. Or because she does not want me to feel badly about being alone. I told her I hope God has a plan for me and my Mr. Right, because I DO want Mr. Right one day.

Being shy, I was never really into the dating scene--though I have ALWAYS been a huge fan of great looking, chivalrous members of the opposite sex (still am!).

Seeing these romantic movies has given me a new glimmer of hope. The protagonist in each movie held back, and oftentimes did not share what was in his or her heart. Eventually, being a movie, the guy usually got the girl and everything worked out perfectly.


I do believe God has a plan for me, even if negative vibes creep in occasionally.

God WILL be there for me during illness, loneliness, when I feel I have the world on my shoulders, during unsettling economic times, when I've given up hope, and when I get freaked out by fear of the unknown future at hand....and when I least expect it yet most need it, HE will send in Mr. Right.

No comments: