Friday, November 7, 2008

The road most traveled


I should have known better.

I did know better.

I've experienced this Sunday after Sunday.

I've dealt with this day in, day out after Cleveland Indians' Games.

I've lived through it during Cleveland's worst snow storms.

However, I just figured 'it would be ok.'

And though it took me over an hour to get home from work, it was ok.

I tried leaving work to downtown traffic gridlock. I waited. And waited.

Why did not I stay late for unfinished business like I've done so many times before?

I tried going 'the other' way in order to maneuver around the town. Bad move.

Though I was not at this game, I was in the midst of the flavor of the game.

That was kinda cool.

I saw downtown spots I have not been able to see in a while.

And for whatever reason, the long commute home was bearable. It did not fluster me.

I cranked my car radio, took some cell phone pics of the scene, and enjoyed the moment!

No comments: