Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 games plus Jim Thome: Pinch me!



I'm determined to get my life back on track, take care of me, and continue scratching duties off of my overwhelming 'to do' list.

It was an amazing beginning....the hard part will be continuing on the straight and narrow.

Out of the goodness of his heart, a dear friend who used to help me with Mom has taken on the task of being my personal trainer. He's absolutely awesome! I worked out with him all week long...and am back down below what I weighed when I turned 40 years old. I've made such great strides I never ever want to ever find myself back where I was -- which is 40+ pounds heavier.

Not only have I revved up the workout schedule, but I saw five Indians' games last week, including the return of the beloved Jim Thome! Two weeks ago, I'd never have believed that I was so into my workout schedule and that Thome would be an Indian again.

I guess miracles can happen and anything is possible.

The day that boosted me over the top was the day-night double header. Walking back and forth from Progressive Field is an amazing workout in itself. Walking back and forth 4 times in one day with a rigorous hour long workout in between just blew my mind, but I did it and felt so pumped up at the end of the day, not to mention, I caught a foul ball at the first Indians' game --that REALLY revved me up!

Let's try and keep this streak going.....not only the baseball streak but the workout as well as organizing a pretty messy life which is a great life, but in total chaos at this very moment! :)


No comments: