Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Congratulations Colleen and Jeff!


What a whirlwind week! It began just over a week ago as I met someone new, if only through texting....but the real buzz of the first week of August were all the preparations for my youngest niece's wedding!

We've known it was coming for months yet it's been action packed with shopping and hair and nails and final preparations for the big day!

Colleen and Jeff are simply perfect for each other! They definitely complement each other and the love exudes for all to see.

It was a no brainer when Jeff entered the picture that he was truly a member of our family even before the official reciting of the vows of matrimony.

So Monday I got a dress.....Tuesday I shopped for accessories for my adorable party dress including amazing matching shoes, a wrap, a clutch, and a few other items. I usually hate shopping because that constitutes spending money which I never have. However, this trip to the Mall rocked as I was texting my new friend the entire time. He makes me laugh, he makes me smile. Those 2 attributes are quite important to me.

Finally, mission accomplished! It was only Tuesday and I had everything I needed for my niece's wedding! I contemplated Spanks --NOT happening. Those are awful. They are made for women who are thin and don't need them. There is absolutely no freaking way someone like me with a belly can yank those suckers up around my belly and hips. Thankfully that company has the rich and famous thin models brain washed into believing that they need them so those rich folks can spend all their money!! HA!

Got the nails done.....finally, THE DAY!

Colleen's vision and planning for this wedding simply amazing. She did everything! She was in charge of every idea, every decoration, every final flower and candle placement. We all gathered at Manakiki Saturday morning to put the final touches on her big day. Yes, there were many nerves inside everyone but that's expected. The bottom line, we did it. We set up the three rooms she and Jeff were using for their nuptials. Everything looked beautiful. Could not have had a better day or place to tie the knot.

After a quick lunch....and giving Colleen an early surprise gift: her long lost Elephant hat which we purchased in Canada about 25 years ago, we were all off to get our hair and makeup done.

Then back to the venue for the real deal.

Everything went off without a hitch. It was a bit warm but it was perfect and every single wedding guest had the most memorable time. Colleen was so worried it would rain. It did but God (and Gram) had everything under control.

During the wedding ceremony, which was outside under the trees and sky, you could hear the rain but no one ever felt it. God made it just so that it cooled the day, and enhanced this miracle about to occur, but did not affect it in any way shape or form! It was simply perfect. And at the conclusion of the service, the rain ended, the sun came back out and it was party time!

We all danced, sang, and ate the night away surrounded by close family and friends under the beautiful Cleveland sky....Sara gave an amazing speech and Colleen had the most delicious lemon cake made just for family. Honestly, everything was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

I concluded my day talking to my new buddy......and then meeting Colleen and Jeff back out at Manakiki Sunday morning to finish cleaning up and fetching last minute items we'd left the night before.

I royally pissed off the golfers as the management let us park at the snackbar doorway to load our cars. Oh, well. Get over it! As one final parting gift from Manakiki, the girl Colleen was working with gave us the most delicious grilled hotdogs I'd ever tasted! MMMMM.

We all gathered at my sister's to unload and reload and eat, for there was a ton of food left over from the wedding, and more importantly visit with my friends, "the girls" --Colleen's 2 chihuahuas!

I could not believe how exhausted I was but everyone was......I headed home and took a nap.....Sunday was pretty much a wash out!

And fortunately my boss gave me Monday off due to me working the following weekend.....every minute of that 4-day weekend was definitely needed to recoup from the wedding of the year!

I raise my glass to two of the nicest, classiest, most adorable people in the world: Colleen and Jeff....and love you so very much! I am blessed to have you both as family! I love you! XOXO

Love,

Auntie Dani (one of the coolest people you know)




No comments: