Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jordin Sparks - 'Tattoo'

My 2009 makeover has begun.

Each year I look back and marvel at what I've accomplished and at what tremendous opportunities came my way. But there are usually a handful of items that continue getting bumped to the next year because of missed opportunities, laziness, or my hour glass just simply ran out.

I'm proud of what I've already achieved and conquered in 24 short days.

Unfortunately, there has been collateral damage from my conquests.

I've not spoken to someone I 'deemed' my 'best friend' in 25 days.

Part busy-ness with Mom, trying to keep MY head above water, work, and a dozen other 'excuses.' Part I voiced a minor rant (possibly construed as criticism) at the conclusion of last year expounding on new starts, changing, growing, glass half full, it's better to give than receive, well you get the picture!

My friend has been a huge part of my life for the likes of 12 years. He was forced to move due to the job market, and though a huge void in my life, we kept in touch.

I love him dearly, always have, and always will.

You say, 'stop writing in your blog and call him.' Not that easy. I AM trying to grow, better myself, get more organized this year, and become a better me.

I can not live in the same rut, conjure up the same conversations day in and day out....or even see the same clothes or haircut from 12-years-ago! Has to be a two-way street, with sacrifice and giving on both sides.

Non-negotiable.

The irony of it all--my father once told me, "I screwed up. I need a little time to makes things right, get my act together, and then I will come back into your life." I still have NOT seen him since that conversation oh so many years ago.


I hope that is not the case in this situation.


All I can do is try to get through the day successfully...Mom is priority one.....my work.....everything else, and if at the end of the day, I have time for me, then that's a bonus day! I'll continue chipping away at my 'to-do' list and hope that, in the end, everything else will work out!


This song TOTALLY reminds me of my best friend. I think of him every single day of my life. We've lived through too much not to....every song on the radio prompts the resurrection of an amazing memory. However, this song hits a bullseye.

Thinking of you....always......

No comments: