Thursday, January 22, 2009

How?


In my mind, this is a rhetorical question.

I couldn't do the 'How' without the 'Who' --God!

How else could I have:



  • been scrubbing, cleaning into the wee hours of the morning

  • lay my head on my pillow at 530am Thursday morning

  • rise and shine again 3 hours later

  • errand-city

  • keep tabs on a parent who is battling some stomach virus

  • repeat dialing all day efforting Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction tickets, to no avail

  • continue shoveling and salting

  • clear out a whole slew of garbage in time for 'garbage day'

  • grocery shop, especially for our big 'Night of 1,000 Dinners'

  • dump a bunch of glass recyclables at the local recycle stand

  • cross of 1/2 dozen items from my 'to do' list, but adding a dozen more

  • wrap my final Christmas gifts which need to be sent in the mail Friday

  • oh yea, WORK!

Be careful for what you wish! There was a time when I envied the likes of Diane Keaton in 'Baby Boom' and Melanie Griffith in 'Working Girl.' Oh, I said, 'how I wish I were like them!!!!'


Big mistake.


I hate to admit this, but in the midst of today's crazy day, I had to resort to taking a 'birdie bath!' I thought the days of 'birdie baths' were locked away with my youth. Think again, soap scum breath (when I do that, doesn't have the same effect as Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon).


I do take great pride in the fact that I am the lowest maintenance you could get, ever! I value being able to get completely dressed from head to toe including earrings and makeup and hair and contacts within minutes!


I sure look together. Thank God no one can see my insides!

No comments: